TOPEKA WAY TO WORK PROGRAM
The City of Topeka, Fellowship Hi-Crest, and 4-H K-State Research & Extension are partnering with area businesses and non-profit organizations to employ twelve (12) summer positions for Topeka area youth. The six (6) week work program will also include professional development sessions.
- Work hours: Monday-Thursday, 9 AM-Noon, and every other Friday (see dates below)
- Pay: $7.25/hour (90 hours total)
- Youth 14-16 years of age
- Resident of Shawnee County
Work Program Dates
June 12, 2023 through July 21, 2023
Youth will work at host businesses or a non-profit organization Monday through Thursday, and every other Friday. Professional Development will include:
- Monday, June 12: New Hire Orientation | Communications: Now Hear This | Caring Correspondence
- Friday, June 16: Integrus Leadership Development | Face Up to Social Media
- Friday, June 30: Situational Awareness | Who’s Listening | Too Hot to Handle
- Friday, July 14: Bridging the Gap | TK Magazine photo shoot
- Friday, July 21: Graduation Celebration, guardians are welcome to attend
Program Information Session
- Sunday, April 30, 2023: 2PM-4PM, Fellowship Hi-Crest, 455 SE Golf Park Blvd
- Youth must attend this information session with a legal guardian. This session will provide you with important information that includes: the application process, how to dress for an interview, application completion, resume development, and interview skills. At this session, you will be given an application and/or a link to the application.
- May 1, 2023 through May 19, 2023: Applications will be accepted
- May 25, 2023: Interviews (time and location to be determined)
- June 5, 2023: Notification of acceptance and placement location, if applicable.